This was taken today, about 50 feet from my front door, on my way home from work. I would totally expect to see this happen in downtown Santa Cruz, but not so close to the beaches. So this guy is going to be super-bummed when he gets out of the water.
I have another blog idea, too.
This idea came to me yesterday, Sunday, as I was riding my fixie to yoga, in mid-town, about four miles away. This car totally cut into the bike lane as we rounded this curve. I saw it coming (this actually happens a lot at this very spot, so now I expect it) so I had backed off to give her room. Here's a map of the spot:
After she made her way out of my lane, I smiled and gave her a thumbs up. Sarcasm. Anyway, it made me think that I should get a helmet-mounted cam and record my commutes and put those recordings here, and on YouTube, for people to check out. It would totally open people's eyes to the way that cars assume that they don't have to share the road with pedestrians or bicyclists, or to the way that car drivers just aren't fully aware of their surroundings. I could call it "Idiots In the Bike Lane."
No comments:
Post a Comment