Looked at the calendar - 13 days until the vernal equinox.
Looked out the window and saw yellow flowers blooming.
Spent the first few hours of the day reading and journaling at the coffee shop and practicing yoga. Thought it was going to be overcast and yucky all day. It was not. It turned out to be a beautiful day, just like a summer day in Santa Cruz. Cloudy and foggy until early afternoon, then, like someone took a squeegie to the sky, the clouds and fog were gone, and it was a flawless blue, sunny sky. About 70 degrees.
I had big plans to climb Nisene fire road up to Demonstration Forest on my SS, so I went to the garage to dust off the mountain bike (it's been raining a lot lately, so I haven't been riding trails lately). Got distracted by friends and neighbors passing by and ended up blowing off the ride. Totally worth it.
This is Steve and Heidi (they are Zak's parents), and Tim (holding Zak's leash).
This is my other friend named Tim. Here he is on his new SS townie, taking a break from Ironman training.
The forecast is calling for seven days of sun and 70 degree weather.
So, yeah...f-you, winter. I'm glad you're on your way out.
No comments:
Post a Comment