Tuesday, March 10, 2009

gearing up for NZ

Sweet new bike? Being built at Spokesman right now...
Handlebar bag and map cover? On back-order but being shipped early next week...
Touring shoes? Bought yesterday and breaking them in over the next two weeks...
ThermaRest sleeping pad? Done...
Solar charger for GPS? Funny you should ask...

So, back in the day, Adria and I kicked around the idea of doing a round-the-world bike trip. We want to take, like, a year off work. At least. (And hopefully come back to the same job.) A few days after that first conversation, I started thinking of ways to get this huge trip financed by other people. And now that I'm going to New Zealand to meet her to ride bikes, and I'm in the process of gettting some gear for the trip, I started thinking about how I could get a free solar charger for my GPS for this trip. My grand plan is to document our entire route (hopefully at least 1,000 miles).

So I wrote a letter to the guys at ThinkGeek.com to help me out. And here's the letter:

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

d said...

have you heard about these guys? i think goat is from SC..

http://www.ridingthespine.com/