For our work, we both deal with transportation and logistics in the organic foods industry (I still want to call it a "community" and not an "industry", but I think we're beyond that now). His email got me thinking about this new economy (i.e. recession) and my job. I've never been scared about the economy and losing my job. I'm still not scared about losing my job, but I am really concerned about the economy. Got my 401K statement for the year and it lost 7% of its total value. And I do feel like the squeeze is hitting closer to home. In the last 60 days, two of my friends have lost their jobs. Another friend saw the writing on the wall and found another job about 30 days before massive layoffs at the company she left. Three weeks ago, an ex-boss with a company I worked for in Philly called me from the East Coast looking for work. Scary.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
recession indicator #896
Random email from my friend Nick yesterday:
For our work, we both deal with transportation and logistics in the organic foods industry (I still want to call it a "community" and not an "industry", but I think we're beyond that now). His email got me thinking about this new economy (i.e. recession) and my job. I've never been scared about the economy and losing my job. I'm still not scared about losing my job, but I am really concerned about the economy. Got my 401K statement for the year and it lost 7% of its total value. And I do feel like the squeeze is hitting closer to home. In the last 60 days, two of my friends have lost their jobs. Another friend saw the writing on the wall and found another job about 30 days before massive layoffs at the company she left. Three weeks ago, an ex-boss with a company I worked for in Philly called me from the East Coast looking for work. Scary.
For our work, we both deal with transportation and logistics in the organic foods industry (I still want to call it a "community" and not an "industry", but I think we're beyond that now). His email got me thinking about this new economy (i.e. recession) and my job. I've never been scared about the economy and losing my job. I'm still not scared about losing my job, but I am really concerned about the economy. Got my 401K statement for the year and it lost 7% of its total value. And I do feel like the squeeze is hitting closer to home. In the last 60 days, two of my friends have lost their jobs. Another friend saw the writing on the wall and found another job about 30 days before massive layoffs at the company she left. Three weeks ago, an ex-boss with a company I worked for in Philly called me from the East Coast looking for work. Scary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment