After my recent trip to Texas, I was looking over the stuff I wrote down during my visit with my brother, Garrett, and his wife, Denise, in Houston. They have three kids - Mason, Madison, and Mitchell. The funniest thing I heard came from Mitchell. He's nearly five years old and really smart. At one point he was playing with Adria on the living room floor while I sat in a barstool with my back to them, visiting with Garrett and Denise. All I heard was "OH, MY BUTT!!" I turned around in time to see Mitchell running towards the stairs, in his socked feet, being careful not to slide out as he crossed from the carpet to the tile to make the turn to the stairs. Adria and I looked at each other and cracked up. My brother just shook his head. We're still not sure if he had to poop and was running for the toilet, or if he gave himself a wedgie and ran from the room to fix it. Here's a picture of his butt:
Mason, Mitchell's little brother, and the cutest seven-month-old on the planet:
Garrett killed it in the kitchen during our visit. For lunch one day, he made grilled cedar-plank salmon with red potatoes and asparagus. Our last evening he busted out with the following dessert: grilled bananas stuffed with fresh raspberries and a dark rum-caramel sauce, served with ice cream. Good job, G!
We hung out at the Rusty Bucket, a piece of land that my folks are working on. Adria was stoked because she got to drive a tractor. "Next time," she said when we were leaving, "I want to do some real work with that tractor."
That night we slept in a loft in the barn:
No comments:
Post a Comment