My illegal, South American plant (I don't know the variety, why it's illegal, or if it's really from South America - but that's what the guy who gave it to me as a baby told me) now has a friend!
A beautiful bonsai ficus!!
Thanks, Adria!!
These flowers are falling from the bushes all over the grounds where I live:

On Sunday I had brunch with my friend Olive who works in the organic foods industry, representing growers from New Zealand and Chile. She walked into The Buttery with a goodie-bag full of samples for me: avocadoes, blueberries, and mangoes. And a lemon from her tree. And then I got more Meyer lemons from Adria - big, fat, juicy ones.

Wheatgrass rules. I go through one pound of cut grass in about 10 days. Tastes like lawn clippings, and cleans your blood. My latest concoction is 3 oz. of wheatgrass, 1 TB of spirulina, a banana, some mixed berries, and maple syrup. Good stuff if you can find the balance between the sweetness of the syrup and the earthiness of the greens.

One of my snacks yesterday - an avocado that Olive gave me. This is my all-time favorite food. And one of my favorite ways to enjoy it is to remove the pit, fill the crater with EVOO, a dash of salt and pepper. 420 calories of goodness. I know it's 420 calories because I am on a quest to gain 10# back that I lost last month (took a month off from the gym and have been riding bikes a lot a lot). So yesterday, out of curiosity, I counted my calories - I consumed over 7,000 calories. Maybe I'll write about that next.

Here's the most recent juice I'm into. It's called Green Lemonade. It's 1 head of romaine lettuce, 5 pieces of kale, 2 apples, as much ginger as you can handle (I use about half a pinky-finger worth), and a lemon (preferably a fat, juicy Meyer from someone's tree).
No comments:
Post a Comment